What Is an HVAC Maintenance Plan?
HVAC maintenance plans are a common service offered by many HVAC companies to provide regular maintenance checkups for your home or business’s HVAC system. With an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll have regularly scheduled appointments with an experienced HVAC technician to ensure your building’s system is in working order. These systems often include repairs, basic maintenance and other add-ons you’d pay for separately otherwise.
How Does HVAC Maintenance Work?
During an HVAC maintenance appointment, a trained technician will complete a comprehensive inspection and tuneup of your HVAC equipment to check that each part works properly. Some full-service HVAC maintenance benefits may include:
- Safety inspections
- Filter changes
- Lubrication of any necessary parts
- Cleaning certain parts
- Checking for leaks
- Tightening connections
Certain maintenance plans go beyond a simple tuneup to offer perks like discounts on any extra repairs your system may need, priority appointments and discounted or waived fees for emergency services. The plan may even be available to transfer to the next homeowner, which can be a selling point to prospective buyers, making your home a more attractive investment.
4 Reasons Why an HVAC Maintenance Plan Can Save You Money
In short, an HVAC maintenance plan can save you money. If you want to know whether HVAC maintenance plans are worth it, check out a few top ways they’ll save you money in the long run:
- Fewer repair costs: Regular HVAC maintenance, as provided by your plan, can ensure your system gets the attention it needs before any small issue becomes a larger, costlier problem. This care can help prevent the risk of bigger emergencies that result in expensive, stressful fixes. Additionally, should your system need more work than just a tuneup, plans often include discounts on extra work, saving you money overall on repair costs.
- Lower energy bills: An HVAC maintenance plan can also save you money on your monthly energy bills. A dirty heating and cooling system in need of repairs doesn’t run efficiently, straining to work properly and costing you more on your energy bill. Lessen energy costs by keeping your system in tip-top condition with regular maintenance.
- Longer HVAC life span: Even the best HVAC systems don’t last forever. This can be one of the most costly projects a building owner can undertake. Fortunately, a maintenance plan ensures your system works efficiently and is in great condition, so its expected life span increases and you can get more years out of it before needing a full replacement. The cost of any maintenance plan is far less than needing to replace your entire system.
- Warranty protection: If your HVAC system has a warranty, you may be required to show proof of a maintenance plan or other professional annual checkups to keep the warranty active and submit claims. Without an active warranty, you’ll be responsible for all repair and replacement costs yourself, so having a maintenance plan is essential in that regard.
No matter how long you’ve owned your home or business, you know that owning a building comes with a variety of expenses, some of which can pile up fast. An HVAC maintenance plan from a reputable team can help you reduce your budget so you have one less cost to consider in your planning.
Additional Benefits of Having an HVAC Maintenance Plan
An HVAC maintenance plan is a helpful way for homeowners to save money on their HVAC systems, making them more affordable to own in the long run. These plans offer even more benefits beyond cost savings, including:
- Lower environmental impact: A dirty, unserviced HVAC system runs at a much lower efficiency, which has a higher environmental impact due to the high energy use. To reduce the effects your HVAC system has on the environment, you should keep it properly maintained.
- Better indoor air quality: With an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll experience better air quality and improved comfort in your home or business. A more efficient system will keep your home at your desired temperature more easily, and regularly cleaned filters provide cleaner air for you, your family and your guests.
- Increases safety: Without a maintenance plan, you could spend hours trying to fix an issue yourself, which presents safety issues. Unless you’re a trained HVAC technician, you should always leave HVAC repairs to the professionals. Thanks to an HVAC maintenance plan, you can do just that.
- Saves time and energy: Spending time finding the right repair company and waiting for appointments when your HVAC system has an issue can be stressful and time-consuming. That’s all while you have to deal with an uncomfortable indoor environment. A maintenance plan offers peace of mind, as you know that with regular maintenance, you can better avoid sudden breakdowns that turn into big inconveniences.
Overall, a plan that keeps your HVAC system working at peak performance is an ideal choice for many reasons, all of which benefit you and the planet.
Choose a Maintenance Plan From Metro Services HVAC
At Metro Services HVAC, we believe comprehensive service plans are the way to go. Our team of highly knowledgeable technicians can make sure your building’s HVAC systems are always running at their best, providing you with huge financial savings and a host of added benefits.
We offer several maintenance plans so you can find the one that best fits your needs and budget. No matter which service plan option you choose, we’re here to keep your HVAC system protected from various problems and provide you with the ultimate peace of mind.
Contact us today to get a free quote for a service plan that’s customized to you! We look forward to serving your needs.