Ductless heating is a lesser-known heating and cooling system, but this HVAC solution works well for many applications, especially heating or cooling a single room. Whether you have a ductless system in need of repairs or want to install a ductless heating unit in your home, our team at Metro Services HVAC can help. We provide HVAC services in Washington, D.C., and Maryland.
Ductless Heat Systems in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
How Does Ductless Heat Work?
Ductless heating uses a condenser unit outside a house and an air handler inside. These two components are connected by a small pipe drilled through the wall. The inner unit sends air directly into a room without pushing it through a duct system. The system pumps heat in from outside the house during the winter and from inside the house to the outside during the summer, keeping a space comfortable throughout the year. Ductless heating is similar to a window air conditioning unit but will not take up window space.
Why Choose Ductless Heating in Your Home?
Ductless heating is an excellent add-on for small spaces. For example, you may have an addition you can’t add ductwork to or a room not reached by your wood or propane space heater. This HVAC option fills in the gaps where your regular heating and cooling system doesn’t circulate. Here are a few additional benefits to consider:
- Easy installation: The exterior and interior units are easy to set up. The only other requirement is making a 3-inch hole to connect them.
- Flexible placement: The external equipment can sit as much as 50 feet away from the interior system, allowing you to keep the outer unit out of sight.
- Energy saving: Since heat and air conditioning funnel directly into the room, you will conserve more energy in heating and cooling.
- Appealing look: The interior unit is sleek and low-profile. It can even be mounted inside a drop ceiling to avoid cluttering your walls.
Hear from our happy customers.
”The staff was courteous and professional at all times. They cleaned up after themselves. They even provided a fan for me while they were doing the install since my AC was out and it was a hot day.”
– Lauren A.
We Are Your Ductless Heating Experts
At metro services HVAC, we have the necessary expertise and equipment to service and install ductless mini-split heat pumps. Our services include:
- Installation: We sell ductless heating systems from top brands to ensure long-lasting quality. We also install them on your schedule for added convenience.
- Service: Regular cleaning, filter replacement and inspections can keep your ductless heating functioning at its best. We offer service visits and plans to help you keep your system in prime condition.
- Repair: If you notice a fluid leak, ice buildup or unusually high electric bills, we can diagnose the problem and get your system working again.
Benefits of Ductless Heating Services From Metro Services HVAC
From ductless heat pump installation to air conditioner maintenance, you can find all the HVAC services you need in one place with Metro Services HVAC. Here are a few other reasons to work with us:
- Flexible scheduling: We work 24/7 and offer same-day appointments, allowing you to schedule HVAC work according to your needs.
- Knowledgeable team: We have over 20 years of experience, enabling us to diagnose issues quickly and offer practical solutions.
- Clear communication: We keep you informed through every step, telling you your options and costs so you can choose the best solutions for your situation.
Our Service Areas
If you need ductless heating unit repairs or installations in Maryland or Washington, D.C., we are nearby to help. In Maryland, we serve Frederick County, Montgomery County and Howard County. We provide HVAC services to all of Washington, D.C.
Talk to Us About Ductless Heating
Ductless heating might be a suitable option to add heat and cooling to a room in your home. If you’re considering installing this system, talk to our technicians to learn more. We can visit your home to see if ductless heating is right for you and help you choose the best equipment. If you already own a ductless heating system and need maintenance or repairs, get in touch for quick, courteous service.